Google Ad

Monday, April 14, 2008

Yet another slow news day...

I have been scouring the Internet for the last two hours, searching for a news item to write about, to no avail. All I've seen is a regurgitation of the same stuff, just told about ten different ways.

Something that has been in my mind though was something I witnessed yesterday that blew me away. I was driving into town and as I approached a stoplight, on a service road next to me, was a man beating on his wife (?) and kids. Yes, you read correctly, on the side of the road, this guy actually pulled over to a service road, got out of his truck and made a thought out decision to beat on his family!

I pulled over to call for help, another car in the lane next to me blew the red light, probably out of shock, and the guy saw me pull in, cell phone to my ear, and didn't slow down at all. While on the phone with the 911 operator I pulled away to go to a safer location, my thinking being if he'd do this to his family, certainly a stranger was no problem, and he started in on one of his kids!

The sheriff caught up to them with my help. Before they could get there, he pulled away but I followed until they pulled him over. He, of course, denied everything. However, the sheriff shared with me this guy had a history with them and he wasn't buying it for a second. So now, this guy's on their radar even more and hopefully something will come of it.

What a crazy world we live in, that someone like this walks the streets and thinks it's a good thing to pull onto the side of the road and beat on his family.

Anyway, that's about all that's on my mind at the moment, not finding any news stories to talk about.