Google Ad

Monday, August 27, 2007

Michael Vick finds Jesus...

I know, I know, I just posted today, but after reading the article on CNN about the whole Vick fiasco, I HAD to post something about it.

First, let me say this, I never saw all the hype about Vick. Okay, he was a good QB, but the NFL is full of good QB's. But I always had a feeling about him. He was too open about his past, which tells me someone wants some attention, poor me, boo hoo, I was able to rise above the quagmire of my life... Blah, blah, blah...

In the CNN article (
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27/michael.vick/index.html) Vick says the following:

Vick also said he was sorry "to all the young kids out there for my immature acts."
"What I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up," he said.
He said that he was "disappointed in myself" and that "dogfighting is a terrible thing and I ... reject it."
"I take full responsibility for my actions,"
Vick said. "Not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.
"I'm totally responsible and those things just didn't have to happen."
He said, "Through this situation I've found Jesus."


Let's take a look at this, shall we?

He's sorry to all the young kids. Good for you, Vick. Let's see if we can't get Nike to bring back that lucrative contract so we can get these shoes on the young kids by Christmas.

What he did was immature and it means he needs to grow up. If I may quote Homer Simpson, "DOH!" Okay, he needs to grow up, but will he? Or will he just get better at hiding his dogfighting operation when he gets out of the big house, if he even goes to the bar window motel. People like him tend to squirm their way out of a jail or prison sentence. Seems justice is only available to the highest bidder.

He takes full responsibility for his actions and isn't going to point any fingers. Could this be a dig at the underlings he employed at his kennels? Is he chastising them for ratting him out when they were ALL caught dead to rights? Seems to me Vick needs to take a harder look within himself and figure out why he's so ready to say nothing when presented with the evidence he has committed some pretty unspeakable acts. Okay, he didn't kill anyone, but all sociopathic serial killers started out maiming and killing animals. Vick wasn't too far removed from the likes of Ted Bundy, IMHO.

He found Jesus in all of this... I'll bet he did. Seems a great deal of the celebrity jailbirds, when presented with the consequences of their actions (see the coverage on Paris Hilton, while she was in jail) find Jesus. Honestly, there are more alter calls in the Baptist churches across the country than Carter's has liver pills, but apparently, walking into a court room is where the real religious conversions happen. Perhaps instead of attorneys becoming judges, we need to look at our local seminaries for dispensing justice.

Vick admits he financed the operation, but didn't benefit financially from the illegal gambling... PUH-LEEZE. So he willingly throws money at the operation and gets nothing in return? Wow, is he a bad investor. Hey, Vick, I'd like to start a business where thousands of dollars change hands every day. All you have to do is provide the start-up money and I'll do the rest. Oh, yeah, and you get nothing beyond the ability to say you helped me get started. Wow, that sounds like a good deal to me!

I think this guy DESERVES a permanent ban from football, as should have Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis... I think their KIDS should be banned from playing any kind of football, and their grandkids, and their great-grandkids... I think you see where I'm going with this...

Tomorrow, I'll talk about the apparent suicide attempt of Owen Wilson... I'm waiting for more on the story to rise to the surface before saying anything about it. Right now, it's just speculation...

'Nuff said, I'm outta here...